What You Get
We use our countertop jars to hold flours, sugar and other ingredient you use super frequently - like those espresso pods.
In our laundry room, the countertop jars hold our detergent and even lost sock.
We prefer the large jars for flours and the medium size for the espresso pods and those notions like loosy-goosy socks.
- The large jar holds 1 gallon or 5lbs of flour and is 10 inches tall and 7 inches in diameter
- The medium jar holds 1/2 gallon or 2.5lbs of flour and is 8.5 inches tall and 5.5 inches in diameter
- Each jar comes with its own glass lid
- These are NOT air tight - so store flour in them only if you bake frequently
- Laundry detergent stays just fine in these even in humid climates (come to think of it, detergent gets shipped in paper cartons, so it does not need air tight storage)
What You Gain
Our Countertop Jars add magic to your everyday cooking. At first we wanted to keep our counters clear of all jars but then, when we placed our big jar with flour right in arms' length on the counter, we realized what a game changer these jars are.
Now it's easy to just grab a bit of flour to thicken your sauce or to coat your cutlets as you season them. Rolling out our 7-minute pastry crust is a cinch now that you can dust the countertop so quickly. Best of all, the big, fat jar with flour makes mixing our no-knead-breaddough at night a breeze (check the blog for the recipe & step-by-step instructions.)