- Article published at:
- Article author: Wiebke Liu
- Article comments count: 0
Every Bit Counts:
We don't need to be perfect, we just need to start
F O O D F O R T H O U G H T
[2.5 minute read]
"I don't think I can do a Blisshaus kitchen,
because I don't buy at the bulk bins"
"My family is not ready to skip all plastic"
" I can't imagine life without Ziplock bags"
Have a cleaner, better organized kitchen
Help save the planet
We just need to start.
Bit by bit.
Try This Tiny, New Habit:
Pack your snacks in re-usable snack tins.
The Baby Steps:
- Skip the 100-calorie snack-size baggies at the store
- Buy a giant bag of your favorite snack instead *
- Pour the chips/cookies/pretzels/nuts into your Blisshaus jar
- Jumbo Jars are best for chips and pretzels
- We like Tall Boys for cookies and nuts
- Then, when it's time to pack your snack for school (a big hurrah for going in-person again!) fill your snack into a snack tin
The average family of four produces 123 lbs of garbage each week. Over half of that is wasted food, the rest is packaging that might or might not get recycled.
If we all cut our food and plastic waste in half, we will see a noticeable impact. 50% by many is more important than 100% by a few.
Once you start using our Blisshaus tips on skipping plastic-packaged items, you'll see that it gets easier with time. Before you know it, you are shopping plastic-free almost all the time.
We urge you to join us on this journey.
The goal is progress. Don't let perfection get in the way to building a beautiful, earth-saving, new habit.